Are you seeking employment in a fast paced, community based, non-profit organization that truly makes a difference?
Ann Davis Transition Society is a Chilliwack based registered charity, which has been serving women, children, men and youth in our communities for over 35 years. Please check back weekly for updated postings, and new opportunities.
Job Title: Children’s Art & Play Therapist with course work and practice in Attachment Therapy
Job Site: Ann Davis Transition Society Administration office, Chilliwack
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: 4 days per week
Email cover letter/CV and resume: Attention Executive Director Children’s Art and Play Therapy Therapist Position in subject line to email@example.com by 4:00 pm. August 19th, 2017.
Position Summary: Ann Davis Transition Society is seeking a Children’s Art and Play Therapist for our Children’s/Youth Counselling Program. The Therapist is responsible for providing play and art therapy services to children between the ages of 2-12 who have experienced and/or witnessed domestic violence. The incumbent assesses client and/or family for psychosocial needs. The therapist provides individual therapy based on clinical needs, performs psychosocial assessments, clinical formulations, and case management of clients, in accordance with patient needs as defined in the treatment plan. The position also facilitates the children’s portion of Children In Between, Children Who Witness Abuse plus parenting programs. Fully participates as Clinical Therapist and member of multidisciplinary team. Performs other duties as assigned. Reports to the Senior Clinicians and Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual short-term art and play therapy to a variety of children with diverse needs;
- Maintain communication with the Senior Clinicians regarding therapy scheduling/rescheduling, absences, missed appointments, client concerns, etc.;
- Attend monthly supervision sessions in coordination with other ADTS therapists;
- Maintain appropriate files, records, write-ups, and statistical data for clients who have used the services;
- Maintain therapy supplies
- Certification through the Canadian Association of Child and Play Therapy and/or registration or education through the Canadian Art Therapy Association. Registered with BC Association of Clinical Counsellors
- Experience working with this target population i.e.: families and children who have experienced abusive relationships;
Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work independently, cooperatively, and from a feminist perspective;
- In depth knowledge of how domestic violence affects women and children;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Knowledge of community resources and referrals or willing to learn them;
- Ability to relate to women and children from diverse backgrounds of class, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc.;
- Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Familiar and trained in Attachment Theory;
Flexible schedule needed as some occasional evening work will be required
Four day a week position